Eye Surgery (Ophthalmology)
Why wait to see the difference
At Springfield Hospital our highly skilled consultant ophthalmologists diagnose and treat many eye diseases in both children and adults. We provide diagnostic services to assess vision and diagnose various conditions, as well as offering the latest treatments.
- You could see an eye specialist within 72 hours or at a time to suit you.
- Any vision assessments or tests can usually take place in the same appointment.
- We can usually offer treatment even if you don’t meet the criteria required for NHS surgery.
- We offer a wide choice of lens or treatments.
- We have little or no wait for surgery.
- Many procedures can be performed under local anaesthetic or as a daycase so that you can go home sooner.
Common eye conditions treated at Springfield include:
- Age-related macular degeneration (AMD)
- Blepharospasm (twitching of eyelids)
- Cornea conditions
- Cosmetic eyelid surgery
- Droopy eyelid (ectropion or pstosis)
- Eyelid lesions
- Inverted eyelids (entropion)
- Retinal diseases
- Tear duct problems
- Contact us with any questions or for prices.
- Phone us on 01245 200307 for prices or to book an appointment.
- Meet with a consultant to discuss your diagnosis and treatment options.
- Have any scans or sight tests required.
- A date for your operation will be arranged to suit you.